Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Holy Snapping Ars*holes

Title courtesy of Brandy Shaw's mum- Marcy. Don't really know what it means but it gets the point across. And that point is- IT'S COLD. Today when I left I checked my widgets (which is a fancy mac thing and I pity all your who don't know what it is) and it was -21. This does not factor in the windchill or anything!

I had to go to a copy centre before class and it was about a ten minute walk from the bus stop- wheee! The only way I can explain the cold when you breath in is that if tastes like you have just swallowed a bunch of sea water and makes you want to throw up just as much. But it's sunny! Hard to feel bad when it's sunny. I am actually generally terribly giddy.

Whee well I have gotten the marks back from one midterm and one assignment. In my math midterm I got 70%! Which may not seem like much but I say it's beyond respectable. Considering the agony that I (and my family) had to go through the first time I did Math 12- this is much less painless. Probably the only time my parents are happy to be very far away from me. So I think this may be fridge worthy! (Yes I am a nerd and put my grades on the fridge- so- you wanna fight about it?)

I also got my first drafting assignment back and I got 96%!! Wheee. Very excited about that because I didn't think I did as well as I could have. (and yes dad next time I'll get 100- don't worry!) I really want to put this one on the fridge but it's too big. Oh well.

Ok small rant. I was on the bus on the way home from school and had to sit between two people, fine- at least I get to sit! However one of the people beside me is sitting there with her legs wide open essentially taking up as much space as possible. Now I am not sure if she has a chip on her shoulder for the way bigger people are treated in the world and decided to take a stand (or sit) right there and then on the bus. I myself am bigger than "normal" and generally find it appalling the way people are treated on the basis of there size. (however that's a different rant for a different day) But to do this on a very full bus is just rude. I don't care what your size is- crowded public transit is all about making yourself smaller so everyone can fit. Finally about 3/4 of the way through the ride she got a clue-maybe she felt the resentment wafting off of me. And that was that.

Thanks! Other than that I am very positive! Happy and giddy. I also made a a friend at school. And nope, she is neither married and I suspect she does not own a cottage at the lake. But she's super nice, in one of my classes, but ahead of me in the program, although younger than me in years. Anyhoo that was exciting, we had lunch on Monday and are doing a group project together so hopefully we'll hang out.

Welll, I have to make dinner. Have not yet figured out how to get someone to do that for me as I am living on my own. Oh Valerie and Robert are probably in Mexico as we speak. Lucky lucky devils!

No comments: