Saturday, March 3, 2007

Another Saturday Night...


I just finished reading Alice Munro's "Lives of Girls and Women". It took me a while to get into the story, but I did like it. I like her writing style, at once subjective and removed from the situation. Gosh how much more Canadian can I get-eh?? Been up the Tour de CN, Niagara Falls, experienced a blizzard. They certainly can't revoke my card now just because I speak French poorly. Can they?

The first week back after reading break has passed, Tuesday classes were cancelled I am assuming due to snow, however I managed to get up there... there were two midterms and two more to come this week. Fortunately the Math midterm has come and gone. Pretty sure I passed, but beyond that I refuse to comment.

Today I bought a luxury item... a rain shower head. I think I am in looove. It's so nice, I could probably spend more time in the shower. I don't have a bathtub in my apartment, which is the only bad thing I can say about it. Some nights I just long to lie in a scalding tub and read my book. It's a tragedy of the modern era. When I can design houses I am going to have the most fantastical delicious bathrooms EVER.

Next weekend my friend Jen is coming up from Montreal to stay with me on Saturday night. I quite keen to see her, it's been a while. We used to work together in the pub at UVIC, dedicating nights cooking where we would only speak German- much to the dismay of everyone us well, except Jan the server who was from Germany.

Have been studying today, so my house is very clean. I awoke early on Friday morning for a glass of water to find my kitchen slightly submerged... too much snow build up we think. It's all sorted now and there was no real damage done. But an exciting way to start the day nonetheless.

Really that's all I've got. I could continue on expounding on something or other. But I am sure that would bore the two of you to tears (yes I know who you are). Roger yo- peace out!

No comments: