Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer Part 1

My friend Jennie has commanded me to start updating my blog, and since she's pretty bossy and the mum of a teenmonster it's just best to do what she says.

This summer has definitely been one of the top three on record. I have had so much fun, and my love of Toronto has only deepened, making it clear to me that I am not ready to leave this wonderful city any time soon. So I'm doing something new, I'm taking a stand and going to put down some roots. While running away and into new adventure could it be more daring to just stay put? I guess we shall see.

There were two weddings this summer, one of my former roommate Jackie in Victoria, and the other of Jennie here in Toronto. I had only got to know Jennie in the late spring, but she's hella awesome so I keep hanging around her. We've had some pretty good adventures as well and she is a trusty gym buddy and a really kick ass cook!

Jennie's wedding was great, one absolutely fantastic party, that went off splendidly. The weeks leading up to it were full of the usual near disasters. It's funny how every year I swear off helpign at a wedding and every year it's another wedding. I just can't stay away. Must be my inherent masochism.

I didn't do a lot of traveling this summer, I went out to Belleville for a weekend with my Uncle which was fun. We went to Sandbanks National Park http://www.out-there.com/sandbank.htm
for a couple of days. The weather wasn't as warm as it SHOULD have been, so there was minimal swimming, but I got in the lake a couple of times and did end up with a bit of a sunburn.

As far as I can remember July was a fairly low-key month. Just working and hanging out with Jennie or Isabel on the weekends doing something or other. OH and wedding work up, and work outs.



I can pinpoint the exact moment summer started for me. I had had a fun night out (on a school night- shameful!) and was at work in a tired sort of giddy mood. One Dr. Stacy took me up to the Junction to get some food at the local organic grocery store. I spotted some organic Okanagen Cherries and was ready to plonk down a hefty chunk of change for them. I was expecting to pay about $12 for the bag, and oooh it would have been worth it. But when she rang through my items it came out to about $9 including tax. I did a bit of a double take and realized she had grossly undercharged me for the cherries. Did I say anything- no. Am I going to hell-yes. Was it worth it? Abso-effing-lutely. When it comes to Okanagen Cherries morals have zero meaning.

So sitting on the steps in the beautiful sunshine at lunch hour scarfing down deliciously sun warmed cherries was the moment that summer really began for me. And with a kick off like that, how could it be anything but amazing?

1 comment:

Pili said...

How big is that vat of cherries? Send me some! DELICIOUS