Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Falling


Lately things have been happening out here in the greatest city in the worllllld!

It's fall, the leaves changed about a billion different colours and now they are all falling to the ground. I heard tell that it might snow this weekend.

I'm pretty excited about that. I love snow. I think it is just the cat's pyjamas that here! where I live! there are four discernible seasons. FOUR- count em! With all the traits of a traditional season! Not just- warmish and rainy (spring/fall or summer) and coolish and rainy(spring/fall/winter). I'm pulling out my winter gear, haven't pulled out the heavy winter jacket yet, but it's coming soon! I can feel it.

This season hot boots are in style. I'm getting pretty envious of all the awesome bootedness that I see before me. But last week I went out and bought the Ipod Touch in a fit of emotional spending. And let me tell you- nothing feels better than emotional spending. NOTHING.

The touch is pretty amazing, I was deliberating earlier on in the fall as to whether I should get an iphone, since all the kids are getting them and I'm a complete lemming. But I also needed internet in my house so getting that plus the data plan for the iphone (or any fancy pants phone) was too much for me.

And the iTouch fills the gaps, it allows me to connect to any wireless network it can steal so I can now tweet and let the world know on my new and up to the minute goings on. It has a larger capacity for toonage! And there are other nifty applications that are increasing the value in my life immensely. Let's discuss shall we?

Sex Facts: because you just can't ever know enough...
White Noise: becoming increasingly addicted to listening to the ocean while falling asleep
Alarm Clock: (note I actually paid for this app- the rest I download for free) allows me to wake up to a specific song on my ipod. ME LIKEY
Urban Spoon: triangulates your position in the world and then you shake it and it tells you food nearby. Ummm awesome?! Hungover brunches just got easier!
Maps: I could quite possibly never be lost again.
Keyboard: I can practise the piano, well at least one hand of the piano...

So that's that. I mean there is SO MUCH MORE- but that's it for right now. Evenings have been spent playing on the Pod. And I'm really enjoying iTunes "Genius Mixes" I suggest you check it out if you can wait for the download (I have 13 GB of music and it took about 15 minutes) but it's really letting me listen to my music by mood/genre and hearing a great range of what I have.

Since we're entering the wintery time, there will be more time spent indoors and I need some new hobbies- so I put this out there to you people! What should my hobbies be? The only restrictions are that they should be relatively cheap. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Ideally I'd like a variety of hobbies that are both social and not-social. I also don't have cable, which is good- in that I have a lot of time that I don't spend watching TV, but also things like knitting are effing boring if you aren't watching TV.

OH- and I've just recently gotten married- FYI, it was pretty easy and uncomplicated!! I'm not quite sure WHO I'm married to, I suspect my friend Jennie, since her hubby already has a wife. And everyone needs a wife! Or maybe I just married Stu's band (Vedette- check em out on myspace- vedettecanada- they RAWK). But I'm officially a "band-wife" yay me! Pretty sure we celebrated with shots of Jagermeister (seriously, my dream wedding...)

That is all- for now. I'm sure once we have the first snow fall I'll be updating with EXCITMENT and awesomeness.

No comments: