Saturday, February 3, 2007

I Fought a Chair....

And I WON (high five!)

Today I was able to get the final accoutrement for my abode. A reading chair. I found it on Craigslist- if anyone doesn't know what Craigslist is- get thee to the interweb. It is the BEST website on the net. Seriously. You can find everything on there, and I mean everyting you know?

On with the tale. So I found the chair on there and also found a person who would pick me up at the place the chair was living and drive me and it back to my place. The one thing I really didn't think through was the fact that the chair is wide and the entrance to my place is not.

A) It wouldn't fit down the side of the building to my door- ok I took it around through a neighbour's back yard (shhh don't tell them) and threw it into our backyard. That done I tried to get it into my place through the back door.

B) It wouldn't fit through the back door- ok so it fits down the alley to my door from this way. Then it was about 25 minutes trying to get it in through the door. I finally FINALLY was able to get it in through the door.

C)It wouldn't fit down the stairs. Oh yes at this point one leg had fallen off- I had cut myself and bled all over the chair. - It looked to me that I would need to take off the legs- however I don't seem to have the base of my screwdriver that holds all the attachments. LeSigh. I take off part of the railing and it makes it down to my door.

D) It gets through the door but not down the wee hallway to the living room. GAAAH at this point it's been an hour of trying to get the dang thing in there. Now it's a grudge match. Typical- I get a chair with attitude. Maybe it liked living in North York- but hey, this neighbourhood is great...

E) After realizing the legs have to come off I got at them with a hammer trying to loosen the bolts. It breaks the hammer.... Seriously this chair it tough! However I refuse to be beat down by a chair. Eventually my brute strength prevails and I get the last leg off and it is here! Legless but right now I don't care. It can sit there and think about what it's done and resign itself to it's final home. Because the only way it is getting out of here is in pieces.

So take that CHAIR.

Other than that the day has been uneventful- I think that was enough. It was a possibility of going to school and working on my project more, but I did that for about 5 hours yesterday and I only have a few more hours to go. And I just can't bear to go outside again.

There's an EXTREME cold warning on for tonight and tomorrow night. Right now it's -8 but windy so probably lower.

Ok that's enough for today. I am going to go sit in my chair like the conquerer I am. Got a couple of movies to watch, I am going to vegetate!

Don't mess with me. I have tools and I will use them to destroy!

No comments: