Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ridiculousness Part A- High Flying Hijinxes

Gosh it's been a while since my last post. So much has happened! I went down to Pennsylvania to visit my friends Valerie and Robert on the 8th. The trip down was mammoth. I could have flown home for the amount of time it took... but still it was a great flight!

We finally got back to Val and Rob's at about 2.30 and had a midnight dinner with champers! Yumm... Val and I stayed up ridiculously late catching up! We had so much fun while I was down. I love it there, they live near New Hope, which is this pretty little town on the Delaware river. It reminded me a lot of where I used to live in England, all these big estates and small country roads.

Friday night we went to their local which is a pub that is at least 300 years old. Now that is what I call a pub... Saturday we just sort of bummed about and watched The Ring that night, kind of spooky. Sunday we went to Princeton and walked around the Uni there. It's really beautiful and a very nice town.

Monday was also mammoth coming home. We checked my flight on Sunday night only to find it didn't exist- found out that I had been put on a different flight which left a bit later. That was fine, when I got to the air port they had (of course) over booked the flight and I was asked to be routed via Montreal.

They offered me a voucher for my trouble so I took it! That will hopefully cover my flight down to New York in the spring! And as another bonus I was upgraded to 1st class on the way from Montreal to TO. Hot towels and everything....

It was so much fun to see Val and Rob and they were so hospitable and nice to me. Great to see where they are calling home these days (lucky lucky!) and to see that they are so happy and in love.

Back home it was back to school for a few days. Hard to get back into the swing of things after vacationing I tell you.

Alas I left my camera cord in PA so I can't upload any new pics- boo.

Ok onto the next post...

No comments: