Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Egggscellent


Today, this morning , I - Michelle, ate eggs for breakfast. Well to be precise I had two tablespoons of egg whites which equals one egg which equals half a real egg. I made an scrambly thing with peppers and some tacon. (turkey bacon for the uninitiated). Actually it wasn't too bad and if I didn't think about it, the egg whites didn't taste like anything. So there you go. I am trying to get out of the habit of toast for breakfast and go with some protein since that seems to keep me going longer.

It's a late start today for me, I don't have to be at school until 2.30 where I will be subject to my first quiz/test thing. It's on grammar- ugh. I am sure that you can all tell I don't place high priority on grammar. All papers I received in uni had red marks saying "you need to proof read more"... However, I have been studying quite well for this one and spent the morning doing online quizzes.

This past weekend was pretty good. Friday was frustrating as I had to spend the whole day waiting for my boxes to arrive. I did get very cheap delivery but a window of 9-5 is exasperating. ESPECIALLY- when they didn't arrive until 7pm. So that was my day- I did spend a couple of hours on the phone to my friend Melissa getting all caught up. She and her husband Vince will be coming to Toronto at the end of Feb. I am so excited to see them! It's been a couple of years.

Saturday was so much more fun. I got up and went down town. My first time of really being "downtown". I don't think I saw much of it since I was just walking around and then I got lost- surprise, surprise.... - and headed back to Union Station, since I know where that is.

Some highlights:
outdoor skating in Nathan Phillips Square, looked like fun but I would need a buddy to hang on to as the ice looked like crap and I have only been skating once in the past ten years.

obviously the CN tower, it looks neat. I wanted to go up because it was a clear day but I think I will wait until spring when there is some contrast (trees) to the landscape. Or maybe fall. Plus I also need a friend for that because I know I will be terrified. But if I can jump out of a plane I can go up a spooky elevator- and pay for the pleasure!

The St. Lawerence Market- this is a huge indoor market, similar to Granville Island Market, only bigger and not so brightly coloured. And come to think of it not located on an island. It was neat to see all the things, but nothing really interested me. Maybe a good place to buy meat as you can select your portion size.

After being pretty frozen from all the outside walking I went to the Eaton's Centre. I had to find some comfortable (sigh- and sensible) winter boots. Which I am happy to report I did! And they look normal too, as well they were on for a huge discount which is good because I really don't like spending money on sensible shoes.

Evenings are pretty dull, I guess I am glad I have cable to hear voices and keep myself entertained.

Sunday I went to Ikea- there is a complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station which is quite dangerous. I had to buy a mattress pad for my bed since the mattress is as hard as the ground. Instead of getting one to fit my mattress I opted for a smaller one but of high quality. It's made a difference, but really I need to go to a chiropractor. Plus some other things- oh a really awesome small ironing board. You can set it up on a table. I used it last night- it's perfect.
After that I spent the day studying and went for a run which was good, hard, but good. No pain, no gain as they say.

Last night I realized I needed to rearrange my "bed/living" room. I think it works much better now. When (or if) one were to walk down the hallway they would first see my bookcase rather than my desk. I moved the desk to under the window where my bed was so I can stare out of it in procrastination- I mean, contemplation. (and the light in my face keeps me awake). The bed was moved to where the bookcase was which is also nice because people who glance in don't really see my bed and it makes it more private. What prompted all this was the fact my chair was impeding my access to the "dressing room" hence, I haven't really been using it.

This will do quite well- for now. I love arranging and rearranging things.

Today I have been studying and cleaning. It sucks to admit this, but my dad was right. You DO sleep better when your place is tidy. Now my kitchen is set up and the carpets are vacuumed. The only thins I am needing is a chair to sit in for reading. You would be surprised how hard it is to find. I have seen a couple on craigslist- but they are so expensive! And we are talking old chairs... it would be nice to not sit on my bed, but for now it will have to do.

Anyhoo there you go- all up to date. Maybe this evening I'll post new pictures of my new and improved land. Wisk me luck on the test.

No comments: