Sunday, January 21, 2007

I am in prettyville and Finkles the mayor...


SO I have finished my weekend at my grandmothers. The trip down went fairly well, I was early- so I think the streak has been broken. Whew- The train ride was pretty good. It's kind of flat here, reminds me of the prairies really. I suppose there would be more to look at in the summer when the trees are out.

We went along side Lake Ontario for a bit and it was nice and refreshing to see water. It even had a bit of a tide and waves going on. The first evening was quite quiet. Today we went out where Grandma had her hair done and then off to the Maple Dale cheese factory. It was great, they had samples. I had some garlic cheese curd! I also purchased some onion cheddar and one year old smoked cheddar. I sampled a bit of 5 year old cheddar- quite sharp! After that we went to the mall and had a walk around and then went to dollarramma. Everything in there is $1. It's nuts! So I got a couple of household things that you wouldn't want to spend money on. ie- scrubbies, picture hooks, etc.

Right now we are having a bit of a quiet time and I finished a smutty novel that I found in the drawer. Grandma said it was my mum's but I dunno- it was historical and didn't feature any cowboys so I doubt it. now i am slightly bored so I am typing to you lot even though I can't get an internet connection.

I really admire my Uncle Stephen- he is pretty much my grandma's care taker. He's so incredibly patient with her and so selfless with himself and his time. He is definitely a great man- but don't ever tell I said that, he's got a bit of an ego. And he informs me of all the things my mum tells me that I don't seem to be party to. Very handy indeed. My Grandma is very hard of hearing- and does not have a hearing aid.Therefore conversations are held at a higher volume than I am accustomed to. I really hope that when I am old I'll be able to banish vanity and get myself one(a hearing aid). Actually I know I will, there is no way that I want to not be able to hear what everyone is saying, how could one be nosey? People tend NOT to want to shout out personal private information to someone who is hard of hearing. Maybe I would get a whisper 2000. I always liked those commercials!
Anyhoo the news is on so I guess I'll go watch it, it seems like a right of passage when you are at your Grandparents house- always the news, that and Lawerence Welk.

Ok so I didn't post this right away- that makes me a bad blogger and now I have to do a whole nother blog right after this. Good thing I have homework to do- that always makes me procrastinate.

No comments: