Monday, January 8, 2007

My First Day of School

Ok so I made it and it wasn't terrible. I remember to wear trousers and no one pointed and laughed at me (well as far as I know and that's what counts).

I am actually home a bit early today because I haven't been placed in a math or english test, so I couldn't go to those classes.

My first class on Monday mornings is CADD (computer aided drafting detailing or something like that). The teacher seems nice and as irritated as we all were that we had to be there so early- 8am!!! In light of recent tardiness mishaps (see previous post!) I arrived really really early! The school seems alright- there are so many people it's nuts. I love listening to all the ladies with the Caribbean accents, I need to learn how to talk like that.

My second class was a self study but since we didn't learn anything yet we didn't do much. My third class is career management. The jury is still out on this one- I think it's going to be a bit basic for me. However it's terrific that Humber took the initiative to recogonise that students need more practical knowledge about joining the work force.

So I stopped at a No Frills store on my way home to pick up more groceries, it's pretty cheap. I guess like the great canadian superstore but probably more like the knock off that is in Esquimalt.

Today I think I am going to put together more furniture and hopefully that will be my apartment all in order. Maybe I will even do my first assignment- which I believe is how to save a file to a remote network. But when I finish it I get a free zip drive- saaaaaweeet.

One thing I have noticed is there aren't very many old people- many it's because I worked in a dystopia where it was all old people when in actual fact in the rest of the world they aren't that numerous.

I am thinking about all of you! Hope you have a happy Monday.

Michelle

No comments: