Monday, December 20, 2010

Beyond avoidance

Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

I should have gotten a job, but I avoided it. First I was exhausted and wrung out from Australia, then it was Summer and who wants a job in the Summer? (crazy people, that's who) Then I was depressed about not having a job, not knowing what I want to do with my life, not having a career, being 33 and struggling, an embarrassment to my family, not good enough. And then I was scared to try.

Will I do it? You bet I will. I feel like the curtain has parted on what it is I want to be doing, what will make me happy, what I could do for years and years and it wouldn't feel like work. And I'm going after it, I might not get there tomorrow or this coming year. But I will. You can count on it. 

No comments: