Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo

Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

My Angel
 I took this picture, in my nook. It's of my Angel, my mum has the other half of it. She collects these types of angels and was pretty into it when I was in my teens. When I moved away to England at 18 she gave me this half to have and remember her with. I took it everywhere, this little angel has seen all of Europe. When I came home, I gave it back. But when I moved to Toronto- supposedly for school and for a limited time offer, but we both knew this was the move I was going to make forever, she gave it back to me and I never go anywhere with it. It keeps me connected to my mum, it watches me sleep and it makes me feel happy and connected to those far away when I look at it. I keep it by my bed so it's the last thing I see before sleep, and the first thing I look in the morning. The halo is pretty beat up and tattered these days- but then we've been through some rough times together.

I miss my family, there isn't a day that goes by that I wish I could live closer. There is no regret about moving to Toronto- ever. I love it here, I'm happy and this is, finally after years of searching, my home. So thank goodness for Skype and the phone and for my whole family.

No comments: