Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Body integration

Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I have these moments a fair bit. I try to have one at least once a day. But I realized just the other day something more important,  I don't dislike my body anymore. Couldn't say when exactly it happened, although I suspect for a long while now I've been only hating my body out of habit, because that's what you're "supposed" to do.

Thing is, my body is just fine. At the moment it's not as strong as I'd like it to be, as exampled by my back going out, and being sick for the past few weeks. But on the whole, I look good. I'm pretty cute, I dress well, stylishly, ok- except for that one time when I went to the coffee shop in yoga pants, but it was only ONCE, and I realized then that I was really depressed and I snapped the hell out of it. Plus a stinky person sat beside me, my punishment- I guess.

I like my body best when I'm in motion, because I'm strong and I'm efficient and I'm a force to be reckoned with. My goal this coming year is to push my activity level on a daily basis. Walking, then running, then weights. Because I am.... BEEFCAKE!

No comments: