Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dec 13- Do-Over

Do-Over: Of the things that happened this year, if you had the chance to do X all over again, what would it be?

What a question! This year was a pretty great year. There were ups and downs, but the balance is tipped really far in the ups. 

I really try to live without regrets so what I would do over again is my honeymoon. Yes, that's right I would like to go back and do over our 12 days in Hawaii. I don't think I'd like to do too much different, maybe more snorkelling, maybe spend a night in Hilo and drive to Volcano from there. But the rest of it, the days at the beach, the walks into Kailua, the sneaky matinee, the days in the pool I would do that all over again just as it was. 

Sometimes I think I should have done more, we should have done ALL THE THINGS while we were there. But it's important to take a break once in a while. And if you can't lounge at the pool all day on your honeymoon, when can you take that time? 

People would come in from wherever and while parking their car tell us what they did that day. Ziplining! Scuba diving! Helicopter rides! and they would ask us what we did, and we'd smile (a little foolishly like you are supposed to on your honeymoon) and say- nothing!  They seemed disappointed sometimes, but maybe they were just jealous.