Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dec 6- Intentions

Intention:  What were some of your mantras from 2012 and how did you come by them?  Will they remain the same for next year – if not, what new ones will you set?

I guess the biggest one is "you can't control other people".  The other would be "just get through it".

Being in a relationship is a lot of trust to put in someone. You have to trust them to be a lot of things and with a lot of things that are dear to you.  That can be really hard to manage when people you have put your trust in before have taken that trust and put it through the wringer. 

But at a certain point you have to let people be exactly who they have to be/ who they are and make your judgments about them based on what they do. Not what you wanted them to do. 

I think this mantra will continue on next year because it's something I slip and slide away from and it ties into having better boundaries for myself.

The second matra "just get through it" is one I can happily discard this coming year because- I'm through it! Done, finis, exit stage left. 

I knew having a wedding was going to be stressful and suck up way too much of my time, but I also knew it was just one day and it was going to make members of my family so happy to be there and to be a part of that it wasn't something I could avoid.  Particularly in a family light on weddings... Since I was the first of the immediate family (including cousins) of this generation to get hitched I had to take one for the team. 

So it wasn't something I wanted, or needed, but I just had to get through it to make a lot of people very happy. 

And it was worth it, in the end. It was one day, it wasn't THE one day, it wasn't the defining moment of my life to date but it was good fun and I was surrounded by loved ones and that in itself made it worth it. 

And of course the two week vacation afterwards on a tropical isle in the South Pacific helped immensely. 

So here we are, through it on the other side. I don't think I would set an outright mantra, I like to see the liet motif that will develop throughout the year.