Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dec 4- Place

Place: What places anchored you this year? Or were you in search of new places and spaces to call your own and call home? Describe the place you love and why it means so much to you.

The place I love, being curled up in bed with my two boys close to me. There isn't a happier moment I can think of.  But it's not tied to any one place. As long as they are there with me, I feel anchored. 

This year was definitely more home bound than previous years, despite the traveling.  In many ways this year was quite patterned, go to work, come home, go out in the neighbourhood, rinse, repeat. With the wedding planning being pretty high stress, a change in routine didn't seem like a great idea. And it's interesting to start to put down roots and to be living with someone again and want to be at home and creating that space.  After years of living in a basement apartment, to finally live above ground again with a lot of space at my disposal means I spend a lot of time in my living room, just enjoying. 

Although this years top place award would go to the impromptu family get together the night before the wedding. In the campground we spent many summers camping in with my grandparents, and to have one of those grandparents still there. We sat around a the fire, talking and laughing, the summer sun and heat setting and the trees high above us. Having my whole family there in that place at that moment was what made my year, that is what I worked so hard to achieve.