Monday, December 31, 2012

Dec 26-Typical Day

Typical day:  Describe a typical day in your life.  What do you think would surprise most people about your ordinary day?  How do you cherish and appreciate the everyday?

Get up. Get ready for work. Work. Lunch. Work. Go home. Make dinner. Read/watch tv. Get ready for bed. Sleep. Rinse, repeat.

I really don't think that there's anything suprising about an ordinary day. Lately I've been realizing I need to do some things during the week that make it a bit less ordinary. I need to get out and explore instead of the constant bee line to and from work.

I try to look around a lot, and focus on what I see to make sure I stop for a little bit and be in the here and now. I am lucky to work in a part of town with some amazing architecture. And that I ride a streetcar to and from work, so it's easier to check out the world, not zone out with my iphone or a book.